Happy 1st Year Blog Anniversary!
This blog celebrated its 1st year anniversary last month, yeayyy!! I can’t believe I have been writing that long. Felt like it was only yesterday I clicked “Publish” for my first post http://premasundari.com/my-1st-post/. Special thanks to all of you who have been reading my posts.. 🙂
This past one year, I have learned a lot about blogging from the basic domain, site hosting knowledge, WordPress plugins to SEO but there is so much more to learn especially learning programming languages (shudder..), how to build traffic and adding better content. It has been a great journey of sorts.
I have read somewhere that majority people give up within a year of blogging but I guess it depends on the reason why people blog. I blog because it’s a new thing to me and each time I blog or tinker around my website, I learn something new. It fascinates me just how much information there is on blogging alone (120,000,000 results on Google, last I checked). Blogging provides a great avenue for me to write and share my thoughts with others.
Some of the lessons I learned during the past 1 year were:
- Research – did plenty of it like how to make my blog look interesting (still a work in progress!) and what are the top plugins I should have http://www.wpbeginner.com/plugins/20-must-have-wordpress-plugins-for-2015-expert-pick/ etc…
- Content is important and so does design and marketing which I really need to work on (2016 aim).
- Be persistent and keep working on the blog..
- Sometimes, it’s ok to take a break and do other stuff like taking care of my kids, doing household chores, working, volunteering and travelling.
- But most importantly, HAVE FUN!!
Your comments are most welcomed especially on how to make this blog better and what topics would you like to read about. It would give me some great insight to improve it further.